So I’m happy to announce that Cents and Cents-abilities has nominated me for a Liebster Award 🙂
I WON SOMETHING, GUYS!
The Liebster Award is pretty much the equivalent of being the new kid in school, you’re recognized cause you’re new but no one really knows anything about you. Thus, you must do the following things:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
- Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are my answers:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started back in 2009 when I studied abroad in Ireland, it’s cringeworthy mostly because I completely disregarded the rules of proper grammar and capitalization.
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
I wanted to keep a log of my travels abroad, and let my mother know that I was alive and well and wasn’t a kidnapped and held hostage like that girl in Taken.
3. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Write every day. Write about anything. Find your voice. You only get better with practice.
4. What is the hardest thing about blogging for you?
Trying to come up with fresh, innovative, entertaining content is tough! But somehow my brain works in weird ways and I find that talking about burritos and pictures of myself from middle school are sufficient ammunition for posts.
5. Describe yourself in three words.
Hungry. Impulsive. Creative.
6. What is your favorite post on your own blog?
Catharsis, my post about reflecting on my first year moving away from home is up there, but it is tied with Sole Mates, my post about socks in the dryer.
7. If you were going to write a blog post about your life, what would the title be?
Directionally Challenged. (I don’t know where I’m going. But I know how I got here.)
8/9. If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
Teleport. Hands down. Plane tickets are EXPENSIVE, and I got places I need to see before I kick the bucket.
10. If you weren’t blogging about (your blog’s subject matter), what would you blog about?
I’d love to take a stab at blogging about animals. Puppies, kittens, whales, the whole kit and caboodle. If I had more patience and a higher IQ, I totally would have loved to be a vet. But who has time for that much school when you have an entry level job and you live in the basement apartment in your building?
Here are my nominees (those nominated must answer my ten questions below, OR ELSE):
British Chick Across the Pond
The Wandering Poet
Cents and Cents-abilities
John Greaves III
Life in Portsong
U Mad Yet?
The Importance of Being Edited
Dr. Killpatient’s Weird Fiction
My Ten Questions:
- What made you start a blog?
Where do you see your blog going in the future?
What talent (other than your fantastic writing skills) do you wish you had?
What is your dream job?
What is your favorite post you’ve written?
Describe yourself in three words.
What are 3 goals on your Life To-Do list?
Who would be your dream guest poster?
Who is your BFF in your head (meaning a celebrity that doesn’t know you exist, but you know you’d be best friends if they did)?
What would you title a blog post about your life?
Thanks again, and congrats to my nominees!