Of course you do! Why wouldn’t you? Don’t answer that. (LinkedIn Profile)
I am currently looking for freelance work in any and/or all of the following: writing, blogging, copy writing, editing, social media. If there is food involved, I am more likely to accept. If there is wine involved, you need not say more, count me in.
For the past year, I have managed my personal blog, Half and Half, where I write and post original, funny content about the daily musings of a working professional female. I strive to produce content that is relatable, humorous, and above all, entertaining to the reader. I target posts specifically for my audience, and set regular goals to attain to constantly improve, maintain, and grow my blog following.
Creating humorous content daily, outside of my current, full-time job acts as a creative outlet for my thoughts. I also post a lot of pictures of myself from middle school, which is probably why I am still single. Basically, if you paid me to do this, I’d wake up with a smile on my face Monday-Sunday, and maybe be able to eat something other than cereal for dinner.
I am a spritely, easy-going, professional girl looking to obtain a job doing what I love. This blog is run off a devotion and an immense passion for writing, and without it, my thoughts and questions would go unanswered, and my brain would explode (also, I’m very skilled in hyperbole). I work extremely hard to keep this site running, funny, and unique, and doing so in exchange for monetary compensation would only sweeten the pot. A lot.
I am confident that I would be a wonderful asset and addition to your company, whether it be for a day, a week, or a year. I’m also pretty athletic, so if you have a company softball team, I could help you out with a few base hits, too. For references, please contact my mother, my father, or anyone who I have not scorned over my lifetime and will give me a positive, glowing review. Inquire within.
Highly motivated, self-starter looking to foster personal and professional growth within writing, publishing, editing. Offering over four years of practice, including two years of writing a personal blog maintaining viewership of over one thousand followers. Additional experience includes developing Facebook content for client promotional campaigns, freelance copywriting on various event invitations. References and writing samples of other work will be provided upon request.
Founder/Blogger at Half Wit, Half Wisdom, http://www.thehalfandhalfblog.com, BOSTON, MA September 2013 – Present
- Maintain personal lifestyle blog with a comedic twist on daily life of a mid-twenties working professional
- Write and edit posts for an audience of over 1,000 subscribers
- Featured blogger on WordPress.com’s homepage
Freelance Writer/Blogger at Elite Daily, http://www.elitedaily.com, REMOTE January 2014 – Present
- Write and edit articles for a target audience of millennials
- Featured articles in both Life/Motivation and Women section
- Develop original, relatable content for consumers of various ages and demographics
Promotional Manager/Blogger at Tipsy Lit, http://www.tipsylit.com, REMOTE January 2014 – Present
- Develop original content with literary themes for an audience of over 7,000 followers
- Promote Tipsy Lit over various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram)
- Reach out to prospective businesses promoting the website; inquire about partnerships, giveaways, promotions
Office Coordinator, Match Drive, BOSTON, MA January 2014 – Present
- Develop various Facebook posts for clients highlighting specified deals of the day, week, month.
- Utilize proper writing mechanics to highlight promotions within campaign
- Perform administrative duties, ie. filing, answering and redirecting phone calls, ordering supplies
- Maintain and coordinate schedules for company senior management personnel
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT December 2012
Master of Arts in Teaching, English
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT May 2011
Bachelor of Arts, English; Bachelor of Arts, Communication Sciences
Proficient in Microsoft Office, iLife; Mac and PC platforms
Extensive knowledge of WordPress, Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest